Heartland is the third DLC for State of Decay 2. It was announced at and released at E3 2019 on June 9th, 2019.
Undead Labs Description
Heartland is a special stand-alone story for State of Decay 2. As you play through the story, you’ll meet intriguing, unique characters, face new and terrifying threats, and learn more about the mystery of the blood plague.
Heartland features a return to Trumbull Valley in a new story-based adventure. Once the iconic site of the original State of Decay game, the towns of Spencer’s Mill and Marshall are now overrun with an advanced form of blood plague: a more aggressive and far deadlier version than exists anywhere else. Though it may be familiar territory to those who homesteaded here years ago, Trumbull Valley is packed with new dangers… and unspeakable horrors.
In Heartland, players choose from two sets of starting characters who have traveled to Trumbull Valley for different reasons. Both pairs of survivors are on a mission to find people important to them: characters who appeared in the original State of Decay
New map! Explore Trumbull Valley, the site of the original State of Decay game.
- Narrative-driven single-player adventure with branching storylines
- Choose your heroes! Heartland features two starting pairs of survivors:
- Quincy, an ex-con and member of the Network, and his partner Helena
- Larisse, the long-lost daughter of Mickey Wilkerson, and her aunt Fiona
- Custom characters including recruitable survivors
- Claim your base at Jurassic Junction, the largest homesite in the franchise
- All blood plague freaks! Blood plague screamers, ferals, juggernauts, and bloaters featuring deadly new attacks
- Over 8 hours of story-focused gameplay culminating in the Gauntlet, a grueling challenge that requires skill and strategy to overcome
- Provides answers players have wanted since the launch of the original game
- New achievements worth 500 Gamerscore