State of Decay 2 is the ultimate zombie survival fantasy game made by Undead Labs
. It is the second game in the series following 2013's State of Decay. The game first launched worldwide on the 22nd of May, 2018 as an Xbox/Microsoft Store exclusive. It was also pre-released on the 18th of May for those who pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition. On the 13th of March, 2020 the game received its biggest update yet, turning the game's title into State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition. Since then the game is also available on Steam and on the Epic Store.
All zombie survival games have you fight and kill the zombie menace, but with State of Decay 2, the focus is more on surviving from day to day while taking care of a whole community instead of a single survivor. Gathering supplies, building up your base, recruiting new faces and training your survivors. How will you survive?
Table of Contents
Follow State of Decay on Social Media!
Watch the Weekly Streams every Monday! (3-4 PM/PT)
State of Decay 2 subreddit
- Join over 30000 survivors discussing and sharing their experiences with the game!
State of Decay 2 Modding (Discord)
- Ever wanted to mod the game? Then joining the Modding Discord is probably your best bet! Download mods and get support from their creators themselves!
- Modding is only available for PC users.
- Disclaimer: Modding the game is neither approved or disapproved by the devs. On the other hand using mods in multiplayer to grief other players and/or get their survivors killed is strongly disapproved by both the devs and the community - it's also against the Xbox Community Standards.
SoD2 Traders Summit (Discord)
- Noticed a cool item on the Wiki and want to have it? Make a request on the Traders Summit!
- You can request both vanilla and modded items.
- Disclaimer: Do Not request DLC-locked items if you don't own the appropriate DLC. Requesting Daybreak and Bounty items you haven't unlocked yet is also not advised.
FanAHUN's SoD2 Workshop (Discord)
- Download detailed high-resolution loot maps for all maps of the game, showing every location and scattered container not marked on the in-game map.
- Connect with the Wiki's editors, share your feedback and request Wiki content if editing isn't your thing.
- Follow the Wiki's progression and get notified about new changes and content!